Many people think that Flores is a remote area where you can find nothing. However, this remote area turns out to be something that attracts a lot of attention. That is because Flores Island has a lot of nice things that will surely drop your jaw, starting from the beauty of the beaches, the high volcanoes with tri-colored lakes, and the descendant of a real life dragon. With all of those things that you can find in Flores, you can make sure that traveling to this island will be totally amazing. If you are thinking about the same thing, then you will need to visit these places while you are in Flores.
- The first one is Komodo National Park. This place is considered as one of the most unique places in the world since the komodo can only be found on this area. With the affordable price, you can visit this national park and see komodo, the giant lizard that is considered a descendant of the dragon. This is the real life dragon in this modern world.
- The second one is Bena Village. This village is the real local village that you can visit while you are in Flores. The rich traditional culture of this village is becoming one main reason why many people are visiting this village. For your information, this village in Flores is becoming one of the busiest village because of the visitors.
- The third one is Kelimutu National Park. This national park is a little bit unique since to get to the main attraction, you will need to hike to the height. That is because Kelimutu in Flores Island offers you the main attraction of three lakes side by side with three different colors. This is one thing that you should not miss when you are in Flores.
- The next one is Riung 17 Island. As the name implies, there are a lot of small islands on this sub-district of Riung. All of those islands offer you the fascinating view of ocean. As an addition to that, this place is also known as the coral heaven since the coral garden on these islands is totally beautiful.
- The last one is Hobbit Liang Bua. There are not many information that you can get from this cave since there are not many scientists that have explored and checked on this cave. To make it simple, you can say that this cave is the relics of how people live during the Stone Age.
Those are some nice places that you can visit while you are in Flores. If you have visited all of those places and you still have some more time while visiting Flores Island, you might want to simply try renting on the local boat to go from one island to another islands. That is because there are so many small islands with the nice beach that you can visit in Flores. You can do that for the next two days since there are so many islands that you can visit.