Yay for vacay, right? What could be better than taking a motorhome rental and spending vacation in California? California is, undoubtedly, one of the best places for a fun and relaxing time in the U.S. and there are plenty of unique and fun things to do for vacation.
Whether you are traveling with your kids or you are road tripping with friends, California offers plenty of variety, no matter who you are. It’s a popular vacation destination for many reasons, but it also happens to top on the list of most beautiful states.
To help you plan your trip, following are some of the most unique ways to spend a vacation in California:
- Did you know that California waters are full of interesting marine life? If you love underwater life and enjoy time spent in the water, you may love the experience of swimming with Leopard sharks in La Jolla. The area is where these calm creatures come to give birth and will be an experience that you won’t forget.
- Do you ever think about hiking in a place like the one that James Franco hiked in 127 hours? You can hike in Anza Borrego which has narrow ravines such as the ones in the above-mentioned movie. Just make sure that you don’t end up experiencing the same trauma that the movie’s character did.
- Visit the Mojave National preserve during your vacation in Cali. While, no, it isn’t a typical thing do with your vacation time, it will be a fun experience. From hiking the sand dunes and area to exploring the Lava Tube, this is the kind of destination for the adventurer who wants to do something unique and different during their California vacation.
- If you want to have a hiking experience without going too far away from Los Angeles, Runyon Canyon is an ideal hike. You’ll get to see plenty of interesting views of the city while still feeling like an adventurer while exploring the hills.
- Make sure to get some California wine-tasting in on your trip to the west coast. Paso Robles is fast becoming a popular spot for those who want to visit wine-country and try excellent-tasting wines.
- Visit Death Valley, but make sure to go prepared. Death Valley is full of incredible sights and views, but be aware, it gets very, very hot. If you are traveling in a motorhome rental, consider spending a night there to be able to appreciate the starry sky at night. Just make sure that you have plenty of water and fuel.
- While it may not be on the list of unique, visiting Lake Tahoe is a must-do when visiting California. From the forests and lake to the snowcapped mountains in the distance, this picturesque location is worth visiting for a break during your California vacation. From reds to roses, you can get to know just how tasty California wines really are. You can find some unique and comfortable lodging or stay at a campsite in the area.
- Something that can be considered unique and most definitely exhilarating is a flight in a glider over the dunes and desert in Southern California. If you are in the mood for seeing Cali from a different perspective, this is the activity for you. It’s fun, exciting, and picture worthy. (Make sure to bring your camera).
- Do a food tour in San Francisco. While everyone wants to visit the Golden Gate Bridge, why not do something different during your time in one of America’s most fabulous cities? San Francisco is known for its great blend of exotic cuisine and you can rest assured that your palate won’t be disappointed. Choose a restaurant or two to visit every day during your time there and while you may put on a few pounds, you will be happier for it.
- Enjoy some water fun on Echo Park Lake. While it isn’t the most adventurous activity ever thought of, it is definitely a nice way to spend some time relaxing while in Los Angeles.
- If you’re traveling with the family and want to take a break from spending the night in the motorhome, book a stay at Legoland Hotel. You can rest assured that your kids will have a great time in the themed rooms and while you’re at it, you should try visiting a Legoland park with the little ones. While many people like to visit Disneyland when they go to California, many children find Legoland parks to be just as exciting.
California is full of interesting culture, beautiful beaches, and fascinating scenery. If you want to do something different and try new experiences, the above list can help you to get started. From eating new foods to exploring different places, there is so much to see and do in this amazing state. Pack up your motorhome rental and enjoy all that California has to offer.